I was very reluctant to join Facebook I have to say. But I am so glad I did. I have had several cyber reunions not only from college and high school, but form elementary school. It is so cool! I also reconnected with several childhood friends from my mom's neighborhood which had been fantastic! One girl, Jen, and I have not seen each other since we were maybe 14 and that was one time. Before that, I hadn't seen her since I was maybe 9 or 10. We have "chatted" and just totally reconnected. Have you noticed how people come out of the woodwork? My elem school principal, my 6th grade teacher, Paul's old coworkers. Crazy! Of course, most people friend you to be nosey and see what you have been up to, see your pictures...I admit I have done that a few times...but some people really want to know how you are.....and that is cool.
and if you want to be nosey but not be their friend, you can accept a friendship and then delete them w/o their knowing.....or if they creep you out, which some of my old "friends" have, you can delete them too........I have done it, you know....... :)
So I am going to stop my post here....so I can get back on face book! :)
2 comments:
I totally love Facebook! It's such an addiction. I agree, it's the best way to reconnect with long lost classmates, cousins, & friends. My biggest surprise on Facebook was when a girl who I detested in High School, she was so mean to me, actually apologized to me! I never thought that would happen! It's been fun to get to know A~ as an adult instead of remembering her as my teenage nemesis. Oh & reconnecting with Marching Band friends, the list goes on & on...
I didn't know you could delete people without them knowing it...hmmm...good info to know :)
Post a Comment