This is the hallways display, that is left up all year.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
100 Book Challenge
Our school has a program called the 100 Book Challenge. It is required reading for grades 1-5 each day. You don't really read 100 books but you read steps. 1 step=15 minutes of reading. The reading they do must be on their "fast, fun and easy" level. The goal of the school year was to read 400 steps (100 hours of reading) and I am proud to say that J made it! They have milestones at each "100" and they get an ice cream scoop on the wall. I took one of J when he reached 100 back in October, but forgot my camera for ht rest so I just took all four pictures in June1 You can see by the height of the ice cream cones that not everyone gets to each milestone. It requires a lot of extra reading. That is why I am extra proud of J and how he was determined to get to each milestone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment