Well, they are saying that summer is 1/2 over. So what have we been up to? Not a whole lot.
We didn't do a vacation this summer. Since I am not working, it is best to save money and not go anywhere. I really want to see the beach. :(
We have gone to the library a bunch of times. My aunt volunteers and does a pajamas story time. It was so fun. J is reading up a storm. and some of it hasn't been forced! :) He has read about 6 Fancy Nancy books to his sister. She loves it, him not so much but he is a good big brother! I am determined to not let him lose any of the knowledge he gained in first grade so we also have school time each day.
Another way to pass time is going to the pool! We haven't joined in years, but decided that we needed the activity to pass our summer days. The kids are really enjoying it. I also love to come home at 3 PM and let Miss M take a nice two hour nap!
J and I are headed to a baseball game tonight with the scouts. It is supposed to be like 95 degrees- I pray we don't melt.
We also took Miss M to her first movie---Winne the Poo! She was really good, a little antsy, but did well for being 2 1/2.
Anyhow, that is our summer so far. Nothing exciting, but I get to spend it with the kids which (most days ;)) is good!
1 comment:
We're not going to see the beach this year either :( So so sad!
But I'm so glad you got to have extra time home with the kids!!! SOunds like you're having fun!
Post a Comment