Sunday, January 31, 2010

You know that I love snow, right??

Not yesterday I didn't.
Here is why the snowfall of January 30, 2010 was stupid.....
(1) It was a weekend. I have things to do. If it is going to snow, it needs to be on a weekday.
(2) I actually had plans to go out to a Japanese Steak House with my two best friends. Alone. No kids. Just us girls. After the month I have had, I REALLY needed some girl time, you know?
(3) and the WORST... On their way to basketball, Paul and Jake slid in the truck on the snow, hit a curb, spun out and hit the curb again, landed on the sidewalk. The boys were fine...the truck is not.

The tire is actually slanted.
The guy never moved the tire. That is how it looked. Bent.
The guy with the tow truck said "Bent Wheel axle- that's expensive!" The good news is that we have insurance and a rental car already and BOTH boys didn't get hurt. Thank God for that. Still, we are still dealing with the plumbing thing and Life seems so overwhelming right now. Just keeping the faith. That is all we can do.
So all week, we have watched this snowstorm. It kept moving south and the consensus was that we weren't getting anything- maybe a light dusting. Well, we got about 6 inches. Again, a waste on a Saturday.
That is why I think this weekend's snow was stupid.





No comments: