Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Fabric Softener Incident

So we went to Target yesterday and bought various items we needed including a brand new bottle of fabric softener. When we got home, I put the bag containing the fabric softener on the washer and shut the door. Apparently, the bag was leaning against the door and when Paul opened the door, the bag fell in between the washer and dryer, the lid cracked and the WHOLE DARN bottle emptied onto the floor. Our laundry room is actually a laundry closet, the slider doors open to the washer and dryer and a space in between them just big enough to hold a BOTTLE OF FABRIC SOFTNER!!!!! So, we had blue fabric softener all over the floor, UNDER the washer AND dryer and behind both machines!!! So long story short, we had to get the mop and bucket, paper towels, rags, etc..... pull out both machines(not easy) and clean it up. Not fun!!! The good news is the the floor in the laundry closet is sparkling clean and it inspired me to clean like a mad woman today, which I did. And now I haave an excuse to go back to Target to buy more and look around! Of course, after I slaved over cleaning the kitchen floor, J was painting with water colors and spilled the water all over my clean floor. ARg!

No comments: