Sunday, June 14, 2009

He is on his way to the big K!

No, I don't mean K-Mart! KINDERGARTEN!

J "graduated" from Pre-Kindergarten this week. I am not big on calling this event a graduation....however, for the sake of it, I will.
He had a great first year. His teacher was wonderful. J is quite impulsive and active so he takes some patience. She certainly has it! He knows almost 30 sight words and reads to me. As a mother and a teacher, it melts my heart to hear my son read.
I took off for the hour to see J's big event. Mom-mom, Grandmom, aunt Ju-Ju, Uncle Tim, Mommy, Daddy and Miss M all attended the event. J was thrilled to say the least. (BTW- Uncle Tim has come a long way. When J was born, he was afraid he would break J and now, he takes time on his day off to see his nephew at school.....he is turning into a softie! :)) As soon as he came into the room, he looks for Miss M and kissed her.


Then he got his certificate or Pre- K "diploma" from the principal and Mrs. Mac.


Here is his class holding their certificates. It was quite humorous to watch! The boy in red next to him is W, his best friend in the class. A little bird a.k.a. the principal told me that J&W will be in the same class next year, but SHHHH...don't tell....Most are not privy to that info!

After they sang a couple of songs, they handed out attendance awards. J only missed 3 days this year and that qualified him to excellent attendance award!

The last song was about leaving Pre-K and moving to Kindergarten. They all pulled out their Kindergarten hats and said, "Kindergarten here we come!"
I am very proud of my boy!







1 comment:

Judy said...

Awww...cute! He's getting so big!! It's wonderful that he's reading some sight words (Abby's not there yet). I can't wait until the day when I get to hear my little boy reading! It must be wonderful!