Monday, June 8, 2009

A heavy heart

I don't think any of my "Readers" live in this area. Well, a tragedy happened this weekend.

Two boys were at a graduation party. They went out on a boat ride with an adult. They were celebrating their recent graduation from high school. Both boys went for a swim and drowned in a nearby river. One boy is an alumnus of my school and the brother of a fifth grader. His mother worked in the cafeteria. 17 years old. dead. High school graduate, and gone. I have no words to describe the sorrow. The thought of losing a child is indescribable. Now, a mother has lost a son, and a boy has lost his brother. Here is the story if you are interested.
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/19683229/detail.html
The weirdest thing is that I saw the boy on Friday. Normally, we don't see many high school kids around school, but he was at a reading celebration that his brother attended and he came to cheer on his brother. Since he had graduated, he was around school more visiting his mom in the cafeteria and such.
These families need prayers right now. I know the bloggy world is full of people who can pray for these families.

No comments: