Saturday, June 6, 2009

Countdown

This school year has flown by. I am not sure if it is because my whole life has been in warp speed since Miss M was born, or if I had a nice class so each day wasn't pure torture (like last year). But alas, my 12th year is coming to a close. My classroom is looking quite bare, the kids are extra chatty and excited and I have a million things to do before we call it a year. This year is a little different though. This is the first summer that I won't be working. I have taught summer school for the past 10 years and before that I had other little summer jobs. This year, I didn't get hired. I wonder if it is God's way of telling me that I need to take time for me and my family. I am excited about it thought, a little nervous, but excited.

Since my last post, J and I have gone to see the Orioles play B-ball. My bro-in-law got great seats behind the home plate. J was a little bored but we still had fun. I saw my first major league grand slam---so cool!This is how close we sat. I could see the numbers on the player's jerseys without looking at the Jumbo-tron.


There was a rookie catcher, Weiters, who was all the talk that day. Cannot remember his first name (Maybe Matt?) but when he went up to bat the crown went wild!


There was a huge storm before the game and it was still raining a bit as we arrived but a little bit into the game, we saw a rainbow right over the stadium. How cool!

Bad picture of me, but cute picture of J. I had literally been at work all day and came home, changed and drove to Julie's house. I look like Friday night---tired!

Then J got the camera....here are his shots.......Ju-Ju and Tim......

Lemonade man......
Feet.......


Needless to say, my little man was exhausted by the 7th inning. Julie and Tim were gracious enough to agree to leave after the 8th inning. J slept the whole way home and I could hardly get him into the house, he was so tired.



I'll leave you with a precious picture of my baby girl........
and a picture of my babies......can you tell J loves him little sister?



2 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

I just wanted to pop by and say thank you for your prayers and comment on my blog yesterday. That post was humbling adn hard to write but freeing at the same time. God is teaching me through all this mess and I am thankful to be in his grip. Blessings,
Sarah

Judy said...

I knew as soon as I read the title to this post exactly what you were counting down!! WooHoo! I remember how wonderful it was to wrap up the school year. I always felt a little sad to say goodbye to my class, but I was always over it an hour later. I'm so glad you're going to take the summer off. Maybe I'll get to see more of you that way :)
BTW I love that last picture!! So sweet!