Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bad mom moment

As I said in an earlier post, we went to the pool today. After the kids swam for hours, they got their shoes on and headed to the playground. The three of us, kept an eye on them but the kids weren't in our direct view, as the playground was a bit to the side of us. I however, glanced over every few minutes and the kids were playing, having a grand time. So I look over and see J walking towards me, looking sad. I figured he got his feelings hurt by D or A and was coming to tattle. As he got closer, I saw he was holding his eye. He then exclaimed, "I fell!" Blood was coming out of his mouth, his nose was scraped and he had a cut on his eye. He was hardly crying but I knew he was hurt. We got ice on his eye and I cleaned him up. His lip is busted and he is pretty scraped up. Plus, I obviously didn't sun screen his face as well as I should because he has red blotches all over his face. ( Did I mention that he hates to get sunscreen on his face and it is a fight, even when I use the stick kind?)
This is horrifying! I am almost ashamed to put this picture up, but I know you all can sympathize with me, right?
If you look at his eye, you can see a small cut that is already scabbing over, but the fall must have somehow pulled outhis eyelashes. You can see the center group has some missing......ug...makes me feel like a heel!
So I asked him how he fell and he said, "Well, mommy, I sort of jumped."Jumped???? What the heck???? So he told me that he was climbing DOWN the steps from the slide and decided to jump for it. yup. My daredevil kid. Gonna give me a heart attck one day!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIKES!! I'm glad he's okay, but that must have been scary! And we all do things like that. Ethan was complaining a lot the other day that his pinky hurt. I pooh-poohed him until bedtime when I actually to time to look at his finger & his knuckle was hugely swollen & purple. Apparently he'd jammed his finger during baseball hours before. Nice.

Judy said...

Oh dear! Totally NOT your fault! Boys will be boys and those kinds of battle wounds can be expected!