My dad came to visit this past week. We didn't do any terribly spectacular, but had some fun none-the-less.
He was so happy to see Miss M. He hadn't seen her since she was 3 weeks old and to say that she had grown, is an understatement! He and J had their usual tickle battles and pillow fights.
Sunday, we went to a park in a near-by town that is on the water. Such a pretty place!


Yesterday Paul, J, dad and I took the Water taxi around the harbor and visited Fort McHenry. Dad worked there for a time but Paul had never been inside the fort so it was a learning experience! I think J likes the cannons the best! After we toured the fort and the grounds, we took the water taxi to another area of the harbor and ate lunch. By that time, we were all pretty spent, and headed home.


Oh NO! Daddy's in jail! Wonder what he did?

I love the flag at Fort McHenry. There is a film in the visitor's center. The one side of the theater is a curtain that hides a glass window. At the end of the film, the curtain opens and you see the flag as a choir sings that National Anthem. Makes me get chills every time!


J was so tired and hungry, but as we waited for the water taxi, Paul got this picture which I thought was cute!

Dad and Miss M!

TICKLE FIGHT!!!!!!

2 comments:
Looks like you all had a great visit!
Fort McHenry is beautiful. I've been there 7 times on various field trips as a teacher and a student, so I have very clear memories of it! Although I must say it was very disappointing to have to go there in fourth grade and again in fifth grade. None of us fifth graders were too happy about it at the time :)
Looks like your dad had a great time with the kids! Very sweet!
Post a Comment