Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July

We didn't have set plans for the 4th of July so we decided to go to my best friend's sister's house to watch a local parade. She lives right on the parade route.
Here is my Bestie with my baby girl!


The parade was nice, although it started late. The kids ran out to get candy and we watched the horses, the various floats, marching bands, dance groups and MANY fire trucks pass by.

Do you love J's head band?
Miss M fell asleep amongst the commotion.

Here is darling little A, my bestie's little girl. She loved the parade!
J and W had so much fun together!

One of MANY fire trucks!

We saw a lot of horses. Most of them were painted. I have never seen a painted horse before and found it quite odd!


I started taking lots of pictures, but it got hot and I was tackling two kids so I stopped taking pictures.

After the parade, there was a cookout. The kids swam in the little pool and such, but my kids started to get tired and we know how that ends so I packed them up and went home.


It was certainly a fun day for all of us.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I grew up going to parades in Har.. county! Some years we would do more than one! It's such a fun tradition! I love seeing everybody decked out in their red, white and blue.