Monday, December 21, 2009

Bad title...

I just realized how stupid my last title was..."Hammered"...sounds like I was hitting the wine...:)
I suppose if I had to be stuck in the house another day, I would have wanted some wine, but Paul and I managed to spend 2+ hours shoveling and got the cars out of the deep heavy snow.

This is the house about noon on Saturday. See the bushes in front of the window? You can't see them now. PLus, here is a mound of snow about 6 feet hight in the front yard from dumping the snow that was around our cars.

So Sunday was better for playing (and shoveling). J loves to play and stayed outside until his skin was pink with cold!
This car was parked in the circle. After we returned from shopping, they had dug it out....Would have loved to see that process!



Here is my car Sunday morning. I brushed it off and dug around it about 2 o'clock Saturday...Can you tell?


So after we dug, we went shopping. I had a few more gifts to buy. I was shocked to see how few people were out. To get 18- 20 inches of snow the weekend before Christmas is tough on last minute people like me. But I had no issues with the crowd. (PS- I HATE crowds. Despise people touching me to move me along. Being rude.) The lack of people was wonderful compared to Friday. I took a 1/2 day to take Miss M to get her lead test. Had about an hour before I was meeting Paul so I ventured to a craft store and Target. It was horrible. People actually walked through me. No kindness at all! I was crossing the road in a cross walk and a car never slowed down for me. People are really ugly this time of year!
So today is a SNOW DAY! Yay! I get to go shopping again, all by myself..What a treat! I still need to get Miss M a few things and such.
BTW- I am expecting my Christmas cards to arrive to day so I can mail them out. Those of you expecting one...just hold on......better late then never, like last year!

No comments: