The year J was born, my sister cross-stitched this for him. The back says "J's First Christmas 2003"
Just bought this yesterday. Love the word "joy", loved the colors and love the polka dots!
Long ago, my Aunt made us kids ornaments each year. I am sure Becky, Kristin and Jenny all have these ornaments on there tree too! They are special to me because I remember looking forward to getting them each year. I have a few others as well, but they were in the back of the tree. This Raggedy Anne is one of my faves because my grandmother made me a Raggedy Anne doll.
This one has a story. The first year Paul and I dated, we went to Ocean City. I bought him a crab ornament, like this one to commemorate the trip. It got crushed into a million pieces. He was so devastated that he drove 3 hours back to the store months later to get a replacement. Ol' softy!
The same year, my best friend and I decided to make ornaments. We made reindeer using Christmas balls but since Paul loves racquetball, I made him one out of a racquetball!
One year, BC (before children) we went to New York City. I bought this for him at Macy's.
Paul made this last year, when Miss M was born. It has a picture of my babies in it. J looked at it this year and said, "That isn't M! That is a little baby!"
Since I was little, I collect angel ornaments. Again, I get them from everyone, but only hang up the "nice" ones.
This is one from my sis-in-law. She knows I love S'mores and it is an angel.
This is from my sister. The little drop says sisters, although, I haven't taken the wrap off, three years later!
These are super old. I have had them since I was little. They were on my parent's tree and now mine. I must have a bajillion other angels on my tree as well.
J's school has a "Santa's Workshop" where they sell cheap junk for kids to buy their family and friends. Last year, J bought this screw eraser for Miss M. We thought it was hysterical and so we made an ornament out of it. Talk about a fun memory!
I "earned" a nickname in high school---the Queen Bee. Now that my last name begins with a " B", I get a lot of cool Bee ornaments, both the insect and the letter. My wonderful sister finds the coolest ones....ones that are very unique and ornate.


One of my favorite Bees...


This is another from the collection my aunt gave/made me. We all got crayons that year. Very creative huh?
Gotta support out team! This is one of Paul's favorites!
One year, I lived with my two "besties". This is the ornament that reminds me of that year, since this is the one we got to commemorate the year at 21 Benn!

Now I feel like I left out some other memorable ornaments. Maybe I will add to this post later on. Hope you enjoyed the tour!
One of my favorite Bees...
This is another from the collection my aunt gave/made me. We all got crayons that year. Very creative huh?
Now I feel like I left out some other memorable ornaments. Maybe I will add to this post later on. Hope you enjoyed the tour!
What are your favorite ornaments?
2 comments:
I love your idea of giving a tour of your tree...and it's beautiful! Glad you guys have safely dug your way out of the snowstorm as well! Harco did get "hammered" and it was fun for me to be there for most of it. Safely back home now and contemplating giving a tour of my tree:) Have a wonderful Christmas!
I am the same way! I still have all the ornaments from Aunt Dee, and the crayon! Every year I make an ornament with the boys photo on it. Cole can do his own now. Those are my favorites, to see how much they change from year to year. I still have an ornament we made in preschool with my picture on it.
Post a Comment