Paul and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon yesterday in Havre de Grace, Md and had a wonderful time. HdG is a quaint little town right on the water and it was so nice out...temps in the low 80's, low humidity, blue sky.....gorgeous! and we were alone! We ate lunch in peace and those of you with kids know that when you are out in a restaurant with kids, there is no peace! Then we walked the main "drag" and shopped at the quaint little stores. There were a lot of antique stores that also sold old toys from the 70's and 80's. Pretty cool! We topped it off with an ice cream from Bomboys, a yummy place to buy icecream and homemade candy. It was s nice way to celebrate my upcoming B-day.
Speaking of B-days, I will literally be working all day. I have a meeting all day for work and then I have the school "Meet and Greet" your teacher night so I will be at school all evening! Great huh? I am dreading work already, not because I am feeling lazy, but mainly because of the heat. No A/C really bites (for lack of a better word). I dread the heat so much. J is already being whiney today about me going to work tomorrow although, he will start PreK at my school in 2 weeks. Plus, waking up at 5 AM is going ot be super hard. Not that I get to sleep in now, but 6:30is better than 7! (For those of you who don't know, J is an early riser. Never has slept late. Ever. Not even till 8AM. Ever. and he RARELY leaves me alone enought to sleep in when he wakes up.) As you are all in dream land at 5 AM tomorrow, think of me! Think cool thoughts for B-more and hope that we all at my school can withstand the heat. Especially me, the pregnant one! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment