While little one is sleeping, I will tell about her birth story.
Paul was finishing up the closet in her room. I was feeling a little crampy but not sure if this was different from the usual feelings of being 38 weeks pregnant. We debated taking J to school. I told Paul that I thought we should not because if I was in labor and all of his family was in NY City on a bus trip, there would be no one to pick him up. Well, we decided to call the doctor on the way to school and make a decision on the way. This was around noon. By the time I spoke to a nurse, I was feeling certainly crampy and in steady intervals. They said to come in to check me out. So off we went to the hospital. Mind you, we had nothing with us, no bags, nothing!
They put me in triage and I got into my lovely gown. Dr. B came in to check and my water broke all over! He looked at me and said, "It looks like you are staying!" I was 3 cm dilated.
So they moved me to a room. Meanwhile, my mom and sister arrived to get J. I sent Paul home to get our stuff while my mom and Julie took turns entertaining J and hanging with me. Paul left around 1. Around 1:45, I was in hard labor, begging for the epidural. My poor sister was sitting with me through each contraction. She kept asking what she could do. I flt bad because I didn't want to talk. I told he to SHHHHH and she listened! :) She got a clip to get my bangs out of my face and sat next to me. That is all I needed. Paul came back at 2:30 and the doc came in to give me the epidural shortly after that. What a relief! I thought I was going to die. The contractions were coming hard and close together! By 3:00 I was feeling relieved and happy! At around 5:15, they checked me and I was ready to push! my mom and Julie decided they were not leaving and took J to the waiting room. (Luckily, Paul brought the DVD player and crayons/paper for J)
I pushed for an hour and at 6:11 PM our beautiful girl arrived. The pushing seemed endless. However, it brought M into the world so it was worth it!
After she was born, I cried and cried! I couldn't stop! I know it was out of pure happiness but I wasn't that emotional with J's birth. I think I was much more aware of what was going on with M's birth. J's was such a big rush and panic since he came so quickly. I remember this one much more. Regardless, both births brought my precious children into this world and for that I am grateful. They are both healthy and happy, so that is the important thing, right?
M's birth was thankfully uneventful and typical.
BTW- my poor m-in-law and sis -in-laws in NY! Stuck on a broken down bus, missing the whole thing! They were so annoyed! They showed up at the hospital at 10:30 eager to see the new Brennan!
Side note- On Paul's side there are 4 grandchildren. All 4 of them were born on the 12th of a month. Jesse is 4/12, Matt is 1/12, J is 9/12 and M is 12/12. How funny is that? Also, J and M were both born on a Friday. Ironic!
1 comment:
Well, that didn't sound too bad. Of course it's never pleasant, but it sounds like a good birth experience overall. The end result was definitely worth it :)
Post a Comment