Just thought I'd update. I am still hanging in, enjoying not being at work, ;) and trying to relax. I went back to the doc on Thursday and my BP was lower than Tuesday so they sent me home, to come back Tuesday for a regular appointment.
Paul's mom and Aunt Karen put up the border in the baby's room this week. It looks SO nice. This room is so different from J's room. His was very baby- hers is certainly girly! I figure, she can keep it this way for a long time. For J, we changed it when he outgrew the toddler bed. Little girl will have this room for a while! It will grow with her! I will post pictures of the finished product.
Paul's nephew and his wife are having an Open House tonight so we will be going there. It will most likely be my only Christmas party. Hopefully, my energy level will survive the night. I tend to tire out pretty early these days!
I am certainly uncomfortable right now. The baby is sitting really low. All of my maternity pants seem to cut across my belly in an uncomfortable spot so I have resorted to wearing Paul's sweatpants when I am home or just running errands. I look ridiculous, but I am comfy! :)
We haven't put up the tree yet as we are busy putting away old baby stuff, and things that need to go in the attic. I suppose this week, we will put it up. That is all I am doing, decoration wise. I wish we could do more but of course, it will be easier to clean up only the tree. If we decorate too much, we will have to clean it up AND tend to an infant. So for this year, I will just have a tree. I also need to buy a Nativity set. I looked for one last year, but didn't see one I liked, so I hope to find one this year. J has a Veggie Tales one that is so cute but I want a grown up one.
Several years ago, J and I had set up his nativity in his room and I went in one day and he had his T-Rex standing next to the nativity and all of the "characters" were down and the ground, except for Jesus. I guess the T-Rex knew NOT to mess with Jesus! I think a few of you (Kristin) may remember the picture and if I can find my electronic copy, I will post it. It is pretty funny!
Have a good weekend everyone!
2 comments:
That is one of my favorite pictures. Nothing says Christmas like a dino attack!
Last year I was eight months pregnant and we only did a tree and one little bush of outside lights. I finally took to down the outside lights in April. Glad to hear you're keeping it simple this year. You'll be thankful you did come January 1st.
Post a Comment