Friday, January 9, 2009

Advice

I am nursing M. She has had very little poo in the past 48 hours....just a smidgin'.....She is VERY gassy....I thought she might be constipated and then read up on the subject and it is said that nursed babies don't get constipated.....Anyone nursed and had a baby who didn't poo much? She is pushing hard and just producing gas. Lots of it. When she is sleeping she is peaceful, but awake she is uncomfortable. Let me know if any of you have experienced this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

G would go days without pooping. I think our record was 9 days. I was worried but a friend of mine who does Le Leche League assured me it was normal. If you're super concerned, I'd maybe think about limiting your dairy or try keeping track of what you eat & how it affects her. I wouldn't get too worried about it though.

Cait said...

I've nursed both of my kids and sometime they do get a little consipated. I found that when I nursed them they usually pooped a lot. When in doubt a rectal thermometer to the rear end just might produce what you've been waiting for :)

Judy said...

Oh geez! That first comment that was written was really from me. I was doing a blog makeover for someone and forgot that I was signed in as them. This is not the first time I've done this. Sorry!!

Millicent said...

I jumped over from Judy's blog :)
My son pooped every time he nursed. My daughter came along and pooped maybe once a day...sometimes not for a few days. It worried me but my midwife assured me that some bf babies just don't poop alot :)

Becky said...

I wouldn't get too worried, just yet. Easier said than done, I know. Tate had a hard time when I had a lot of dairy, so definitely watch that. He would get very gassy too and we used a lot of mylicon, which seemed to help. I guess I would shy away from dairy and OJ for a while and see if that helps. I had to completely cut out milk for about a week and then really watch how much I drank. Good luck!