First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!! Today, my dad turns 67. He was born 2 days after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Must have put my poor g-mother into labor! This year, I am even more grateful for his birthday, since he had his bypass surgery 3 months ago. He is doing so well, walking 3 miles a day, eating better and JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND! Yes, you heard it right. You know, more power to him. She takes great care of him and if he is happy, (which he is)then I am happy!
I went for my OB appointment today and everything went great. My blood pressure is great, and the tests I took last week all came back fine. Thanks for all of your prayers. The doctor said that being off work must be doing me well! :) She really encouraged me to chill at home as much as possible, which I am doing but do you know how hard it is not to do anything? I bought two books today in hopes to read and chill out.
Let me get your opinions....Today, I went to my school to pick up J. I went in to say Hi to my class. (A few girls saw me and wanted me to come up) I have avoided visiting as I am letting my sub establish herself with the class. So anyway, since I never officially said "bye" to my class, I went up to say hi. They were so happy to see me, and I was happy too. They are sweet kids. SO ANYWAY, I left the room and grabbed J and was walking to the car, when I ran into one of the mom's from my class. I thanked her for a gift she'd given me for the baby and this was what she said......and I quote...... "I don't want to upset you, but my daughter "Jane" was really upset that you never said Goodbye to the class. She has been having stomach aches and doesn't want to come to school. She said you were supposed to come up last week but never did." FIRST OF ALL- ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????? I was a BIT defensive in my response, RETELLING HER that I was suddenly taken out of work due to high blood pressure and the safety of ME AND MY BABY! and she is worried about her daughter's fake stomach aches? I then told her that I did indeed write the kids a Good bye note and that I saw "Jane" today and she was FINE! Seriously, was her comment to me necessary? This is the same mother who told her child that she will never be as smart as her brother. (She told me this herself......)
Anyhow, do I have a reason to be upset? I was contemplating talking to my Principal about it but decided to drop it. Obviously, this woman has bigger issues. Anyhow, I have some of the most supportive coworkers and parents in my room. I guess I shouldn't let this one get to me. Some people don't know when to keep their lips closed.
3 comments:
Try not to let it get to you! When I was pregnant with #1 I was still teaching. He was due in June and so I had told the parents that I was going to try to make it as long as I could to the end of the school year. I ended up calling it quits 3 weeks before the end of the school year because I had the time to use (or loose) and I was feeling pretty miserable and I had just gone to outdoor school with my class for a week and I had been totally stressed out about a kid in my class that ended up getting expelled for threatening me and another teacher. Those parents were so ticked at me. Tons of them emailed me to tell me how awful the sub was and how I had promised to end the school year with me class, etc. So annoying! The bottom line is that parents only care about their kid and no one else. Sounds like that mom has a record for being annoying, so don't worry about it. Put up your feet, enjoy those books, and take a nap!!
Don't you know nothing is ever the kid's fault. If something is wrong with my child there must be someone to blame for it! Don't worry about it. Do what is best for your family. Your students will survive. Try to enjoy your rest before the baby arrives!
Your baby is more important then some silly mom! Don't even give it a second thought.
Post a Comment