Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Picky kid

Have I mentioned how picky J is? Not just with food but with everything! He is particular about his shirts, underclothing(undies and undershirts) and pants. It is driving me crazy!
First of all, he is so picky when it comes to food! He eats nothing which makes it very difficult. I am picky too but come on! It it weren't for peanut butter, my kid would starve!
Undershirts- This winter, he hated his undershirts because they "have hills!" I am not sure exactly what J meant by hills but I assume it is because they might be lumpy under his clothing. So I had to go out and get the sleeveless undershirts aka. wife-beaters. That solved that problem. He calls them "no hills undershirts"
Recently, he has been picky about underwear. I am not sure why but all of a sudden they bother him. So I had to go out and buy bigger undies, hoping that would solve the issue. They seem a tad large for him but he is no longer complaining.
Shirts- Shirts must sleeves, and can't be too short, OR too long. Shorts- I am not sure of the crieteria but he hates certain shorts. Case in point- He just got dressed. I put him in these blue shorts that are EXACTLY like the shorts he wore yesterday just a diferent color. He is currently running around the living room freaking out over the stupid shorts! He says they are driving him crazy. I give up.
If anyone in bloggy land has a suggestion, please let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe give him a choice between two things. Lay out two outfits and let him choose what he wants to put on. Luke will sometimes get mad if I want him to change the shirt he slept in. I guess boys care about what they wear, who knew ; )