Thursday, June 26, 2008

VENTING- Tennis is so stupid and confusing...

Ok so Paul is a huge tennis fan and we are currently watching ("we" being Paul watching, me trying to stay awake) tennis on the Tennis Channel . Wimbledon is on (yawn) and Paul is trying to teach me how some one would win a tennis game/set/match. Apparently, the scoring is Love, 15, 30, 40, game. First of all, what the heck is that? Love means zero, so why don't they just say the score is 0-0???? Why some stupid name like Love? So then they count 15, 30, 40? Why? How about 1, 2, 3 then I win? I am so confused! BUT WAIT!!! IT gets better! So apparently you have to win 6 games to win a set. But you must win by 2 games. WHY? Then if you only win by 1 or you tie, then you play a tie breaker where you actually use the scoring 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. What the F? To win a match, men have to win 3 sets to win and women have to win 2 sets to win the match. So this stupid match has been on for like 2 hours and I am bored out of my mind! Whoever invented the scoring and rules is just way out there and did it just to confuse people like me. I told Paul it should be just one game, and if you win, you win! For example, "Joe Schmoe just beat Johnny Tennisguy 4-7!" No- It cannot be that easy! They play like 100 "games" and no matter if they win, they have to win a jillion times before they actually have the satisfaction of winning! Paul is currently laughing at me but come on, seriously? Life is confusing enough. I don't need tennis to make it worse. I think I will go in the other room and watch reruns of Seinfeld.

No comments: