Monday, June 9, 2008

Things Not to say to your teacher

Today we had a half day due to the 98 degree forecast and by 9:00 my clasroom was 90 degrees. Not the best environment for learning. Everyone was a bit irritable and here are some of the comments I got from children today:
5. Do we have recess today? (Reminder that it was a half day and 98 degrees outside.)
4. Can I have another popsicle? ( I bought them popsicles out of the goodness in my heart) When I said no, he said "Awww- that's not fair!" Seriously...Ungrateful much?
3. Do I have to help carry these books down to the bookroom? (Again, seriously? Carrying 2 books isn't going to kill you!)
2. Its not fair that girls get to wear short shorts and skirts and boys have to wear long shorts! (Apparently, the law that boy's shorts have to hang down to their shins passed w/o my knowing)
And the most IRRITATING thing I heard today.......
1. IT'S HOT IN HERE! (Really? I didn't notice!)
Ok- I am done venting....Have I mentioned that I cannot wait for June 11th?

The forecast for Wednesday is in the 80's- Finally a cool down! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only one more day.

Welcome to the Bloggyland. I'm glad you finally joined us ;-) I'll add you to my friends & family list soon.

K~