Sunday, November 2, 2008

Haapy Halloween

J had an exciting Halloween Day! It started off with a party and parade at school. Here he is with his teacher and friends. I didn't get to see him march as I was with my class but Paul got to see him. He loved it! BTW- He was the cowboy. I know it is a Woody costume from Toy Story but since he won't watch the movie and we needed a cowboy costume, this is what he wore. My friend actually had her daughter in this costume last year so we bought a hat and TA-DA! a cowboy costume for J! We added a lasso and such later on.

When we arrived home from school, we carved our pumpkins. J wanted nothing to do with touching the slimy goo inside the pumpkin so he just watched.


Here is J pretending to get ready to hit me with his lasso- what a wicked cowboy! Then he and daddy took off to do a little bit of trick-or-treating before heading over to the church across the street where they had a moon bounce, pony rides and a hay ride.
This picture has nothing to do with Halloween but yesterday, J got his soccer trophy. He was so excited. I am glad soccer is over. For one, he was such a non-team player and it was frustrating watching him play. Second, it is getting too cold to sit out there. I ma proud of the improvements he made this year. He did a good job learning the skills and by the last few games, he hardly pouted at all when he didn't get the ball. He even scored a goal yesterday in his last game! Basketball starts in a few weeks. I know, I know- I am a glutton for punishment.



No comments: