Monday, November 10, 2008

A Little Edgy

OK- You know when you are at the end of your pregnancy when you are really edgy! Yesterday was not a pretty day for me. I was really grumpy- fatigue set in, I am not sleeping, J is up at 5 AM, work is so frickin' stressful..... You moms know how it is! I hated being around myself yesterday and my poor son had to deal with grumpy mom all day. He was such a sport. I would have Loved if he would have let me nap for a little bit but every time I would close my eyes, he "needed" me. I woke up this morning with a feeling of dread- (can you tell my job is particularly stressful right now?) and so I went to Dunkin' Donuts and got a cup of FULLY CAFFEINATED coffee to help me survive this day. I only drank about 1/2 of it- should have had it all. I didn't work. By this afternoon, I was still feeling uptight. Went to a meeting after work and left feeling worse than I did when I arrived. (Have I mentioned the stress my job is causing me???)
After talking to many moms who have had and survived the arrival of #2, I know I am not alone in my feelings. I am so entirely nervous about this baby- from delivery to beyond. I know women do it every day, but I have NEVER had two kids before so I am just a ball of nerves!
So anyone who reads my blog (all 3 of you he-he) please say a prayer for me to chill out and calm down. IF not, I am going to be nuts by December! I know that I will eventually be able to handle it all but I am certainly full of anxiety! Anyhow, thanks ahead of time for your prayers . I need them!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Isn't it amazing how stressful teaching can be? I don't think people can really understand until they've done it themselves. And I will also add that teaching in Maryland is way more stressful than teaching in other states (speaking from experience). Maryland is just MSA insane!!! I'm sure the holidays aren't going to help with your stress level, but I will be thinking of you and praying that things go smoothly with this baby. Hang in there. I guarentee it will all be worth it when you see her perfect little profile and tiny little heart shaped mouth for the first time. You're going to melt and forget the rest of it!!