I survived this crazy stressful week. As I stated in my last post, it was American Education Week. Usually, on our particular grade visitation day, there are 15 or so extra people in my classroom. It is stressful to be "watched" by so many however, the kids love to have thier parents, etc. come in. Sadly, I had a total of 5 that whole day! Four of them were only there maybe 1/2 hour. It is truly a sign of the times. Parents have to work. People are too scared to take off for fear of layoffs. The kids didn't seem bothered by it all.
I got to trek down to J's room too. I stayed for about an hour. I was so amazed! This room, full of 4 and 5 year olds ran like clockwork! His teacher is excellent and has the kids in a great routine! He did such a nice job and was so happy I was there. He was of course, very concerned. He kept asking where my students were, and who was watching them. I assured him that another teacher was with them and that all was ok! Sweet boy!
Yesterday was my observation. Those of you who are teachers know the stress of having your administration watching you teach, critiquing your lesson! Everything went well. The relief of having that over with is so wonderful!
Last night we trekked through the cold and snow showers, back to school for Family Movie Night. The school sponsored the movie "Kung Fu Panda". We had fun! We took camp chairs (If I sat on the floor, I'd never get up) and they sold popcorn and other goodies. The gym was filled with people on blankets enjoying a movie with their family. It was really nice and J had a ball!
On the home front, the baby room is almost done. Paul spent this week painting and such. My m-in-law helped yesterday too (THANK YOU) and it is ready for the border. I had no idea how fun it would be to have a pink room in the house! Of course, the house is wreck right now and I am anxious to organize and put things away. I just need to chill out and be patient! I will post a picture after it is done.
My wonderful cousin Kristin sent a box of girl clothes yesterday. There were some adorable outfits and best of all, little girl onesies! I have mostly yellow, green and blue onesies from J and so I was excited to have some girl ones for baby girl! Thanks Kristin!
No comments:
Post a Comment