Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Heavy Heart

I have a heavy heart today. My dear neighbor Peggy lost her battle with cancer today after a long, two- year battle. She was the toughest softie I've ever met. She and her husband are police officers. She had a mouth on her (:P) and never hid how she felt about things but when it came to her ways with us, she had a heart of gold. Never a Christmas or birthday went by when she didn't send gifts for J. She always made time to talk to him while he played outside. Her own grand kids live a few states away so I guess J filled a little void she felt. From the first day we moved in 8 years ago, she was a wonderful neighbor. I am so sad that I will never see her again on Earth.
Cancer just sucks. I know so many people who fight the fight and win, but so many lose- It is so frightening. Peg was such a tough cookie- I thought she would be able to win this fight. Even though you don't know her, please pray for her husband, son and daughter and her grand kids. I know they are feeling such a loss. I know I am. The police department has lost one if its best and I have lost a wonderful neighbor and friend.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh Wendy, I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for their family!