Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I figure I might want to post about our Thanksgiving before I forget about the events of the day. It was a nice, low key day. The original plan was to have my mom and g-mom come to my in-laws for dinner, however, my g-mom gets confused and asks a million questions, cannot see, hear and generally, does not deal well with change. So J and I met my mom and g-mom at her residence and had a lovely turkey lunch with them instead of poor mom draagging Nanny out into unknown territory. J enjoyed a slice of pie while the rest of us ate a delicious lunch.
I was so stuffed afterward as I headed to my in-laws for dinner #2. Luckily, we didn't eat until later than expected. Paul brought his dad from the nursing home, which was nice. He has grown out his beard in order to "play" Santa for the nursing home employee party and thier kids. He really looked like Santa. See? I told you! Santa fell asleep after we ate, a total photo op!
Paul's whole family was there, which was nice. I can't tell you the last time we were all together.

Friday we headed off to Kennedy Krieger's Festival of Trees. Paul usually is in charge of the tree his unit does but this year, his cw Jenn did it. It turned out so nice. Yay Jenn!!!!!!I was so thankful that Paul did not do it this year as it is a big undertaking! THe FOT has trees, wreaths, gingerbread houses all decorated by various people. They then sell them. Gotta tell you, some people are more creative than I could ever be! There were so many nice trees! THey have a million vendors so you can shop as well! We go every year- it has become a Brennan tradition!
The theme for their tree was the "NBUniverse". This picture didn't do it justice! It really looked great! My class made stars for it and it had planets, astronauts and rockets. Very creative!

J and Paul had a ball at the Festival. J got to ride a pony, dance on stage with the band Milkshake, ride various rides, play games and build a Gingerbread house. I was so tired at the end from the walking but it was worth it to see J have so much fun. Did I mention he saw Santa?

This is the band Milkshake. You night have seen them on PBS Kids or on Noggin. They play the FOT every year. I would post the video of J on stage but it takes too long to upload. He danced and bowed at the end- very cute.

Here are some random other pictures from before...

J shooting hoops at basketball practice. For those who know his history of bad sportsmanship, he is doing pretty well in b-ball. No tears so far!
Here is J helping out with the painting of hish sister's room. Yes, I know he is in his undies, but I am not about to let him paint in his clothes! Paint is not easy to remove! He was thrilled to help out his daddy!
Thats it for now.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: